I wanted to post a picture of my cutting table with several projects in the works. What is it about the new year that makes me think I need to start a bunch of new projects?
The piles in no particular order are:
1. An opened back of chocolate drizzled kettle corn. I made it my personal mission over the holiday to sample every brand and flavor of kettle corn I could kind. My mission has lead me to an addiction for that sweet and salty stuff. (If any of my family members are in my sewing room while I am gone, please do me a favor and get rid of any remaining kettle corn in the house.)
2. A box of letters that my sister wrote in college some 28-30 years ago. I am working on scanning in all the letters and making them into books for her 3 sons. Many of these letters also talk about when she met and married their wonderful father. Letter writing is a lost art so theses glimpses into history are priceless to me and I know her sons will treasure them.
3. A pile of crap, I mean scraps in the corner.
4. Some small nine patch blocks ( just a few small ones right under the light) that will be part of a future post about strip piecing nine patches.
5. A nine patch quilt I am working on using Avalon by Fig Tree and a future line from Bonnie and Camille. I am loving the royal blue that is showing up in some lines now. If Pantone had contacted me I would have predicted some shade of royal blue to be the color of 2013. I guess I may be ahead of my time and Pantone will choose my choice for 2014. I certainly am buying any and all of royals that I can find. Love love love it.
6. My I spy hexagon quilt. It is a work in progress and will be a future post as well. QuiltJane makes the most adorable hexagons templates. I will be sharing more info with you. Don’t tell my kids but I think the first grand baby may get this quilt. Obviously no one is pregnant so there is no rush to finish it. Also a thanks to a few of my friends that have been sharing their small 2 1/2″ novelty prints for this project.
7. My blocks in progress for Open Gate’s quilt along BOM. Check back here on
Feb 1st to see the second set of blocks.
I am writing to you from my hotel room in Paris France. I know it sounds odd but we have zipped over here for a quick weekend to attend maison de objet show. I am traveling with moda’s designer director as she scours the globe for trends and colors. Maybe I will run into those Pantone people and mention by color pick for 2014.
I will give you an update on my trip and my cutting table projects next week.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad