Hop Hop Hop on over to my friend way across the pond. Jane Davidson of Quiltjane.
My mom always taught me that you can read people by their eyes. I am reminded of this every time I see Jane. Her eyes, her sweet smile and her gentle spirit drew me to her the first time I met her. I also think she was handing out the famous snack of Aussie’s, Tim Tam Bars.
Jane is the other half of the Splendid Sampler team. I talked about Pat Sloan earlier in the hop.
While the bazillions of people were working on making the daily Splendid Sampler blocks, Jane was the one grinding away do all the directions, illustrations and editing so all f the blocks and several wonderful quilt settings could be combined into a beautiful book featuring designers all over the world. The blocks are separated into categories including piecing, applique and embroidery. If you want to learn or improve any of your skills for these techniques, Splendid Sampler is a good book to add to your library. Any block must is a must have for me.
Jane is the next to the last stop on the Oh Scrap blog hop and she will be giving away an e-book. Read her post and enter to win and spend some time getting to know her.
If you think Oh Scrap is a good name for a quilt book, what about
Desperate Housewives Quilt? This is an 8″ block series described below.
Info right from Jane’s website when posted this in 2010.
Join me for 50 blocks in 50 weeks with an additional 50 blocks from guest bloggers. This is not a quilt-a-long but a ‘quilt-as-you-wish-along’. Every week I will be posting a new 8″ finished block for you to enjoy and decide whether you would like to make it or not. So put on your comfy slippers and grab a beverage and join in the fun.
okay here is the line-up- several have chances for e-books still available.
- 3/15/18 Lissa Alexander modalissa.com/
- 3/16/18 Pat Sloan patsloan.com
- 3/17/218 Corey Yoder corianderquilts.com/
- 3/18/18 Barbara Brackman barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/
- 3/19/18 Alison Dale alisonsexpressions.com/
- 3/20/18 Melissa Corey happyquiltingmelissa.com/
- 3/21/18 Carrie Nelson blog.modafabrics.com/
- 3/22/18 Sherri McConnell aquiltinglife.com/
- 3/23/18 Fat Quarter shop blog.fatquartershop.com/
- 3/24/18 Teresa Silva quiltingismybliss.com/index.html/
- 3/25/18 Jane Davidson quiltjane.com/blog/
- 3/26/18 Martingale Publishing blog.shopmartingale.com/
So agree with your description of Jane. Plus I love her fabric collections too. Immediately connection with others is fun too. Most of the times it leads to life long friends.
Amen sweetie!! Just like you b
I do love Jane’s designs!