Time flies! I can’t believe it has been 10 years since I did a quilt-along with American Patchwork and Quilting for their 20th anniversary.
Fast forward to their 30th anniversary and I am honored and proud
to be featured….on the cover…
I am a newbie to using the quilt design software, Electric Quilt. To play with this I started adding a variety of nine patches, four patches and any similar block. I fell in love with the mathematic look of the quilt and knew I just had to make it.
All images in this blog post are used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting magazine . Meredith Operations Corporation. All rights reserved.
Let’s skip to the good part. American Patchwork and Quilting is featuring my quilt as one of their 2023 QAL and they have a Facebook group you can join to play along. I am going to make another version of this quilt during this QAL using red, white and blues with my collection of Minick Simpson fabrics.
If you want to join in, the details are included below.
Finished quilt: 63-1/2×72-1/2″
For this quilt, you’ll need:
- 1-1/8 yard total assorted pink prints
- 2-3/4 yards total assorted white prints
- 1/2 yard total assorted red and dark pink prints
- 3/4 yard total assorted green prints
- 1 yard total assorted orange prints
- 1 yard total assorted blue prints
- 7/8 yard total assorted yellow prints
- 5/8 yard orange-and-white print (binding)
- 4 yards backing fabric
- 72×81″ batting
All of the following info is available here also.
Get the Quilt-Along Pattern
- This quilt is featured in the April 2023 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting, on newsstands starting February 3. (You can buy the magazine online here.)
- Purchase the individual quilt pattern as a PDF download or as a printed pattern to be shipped to you.
- Buy a digital issue of the April 2023 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting on Zinio.com starting February 3 (for our international friends).
The quilt-along runs from February 20-April 16. While there is a recommended sewing schedule (see below), you can also sew at your own pace!
If you’re posting on Instagram, use the hashtag #APQQuiltalong to share your progress.
I hope you join us as I share more about Electric Quilt and all things 9 patch.
and lastly THANK YOU so much to the talented team at American Patchwork and Quilting. The April issue ( on newsstands now) is full of wonderful projects and a look back over the 10 years. I have drooled over the pages and talented in this issue.
I love this and am definitely sewing along! You are my favorite scrap quilt designer! Congratulations!
Oh I love your idea of a red, white and blue version! Looking forward to sewing along!